Popular Posts

Tuesday 9 July 2019

I-League, Indian Football Tournament

f1
I-League is described as the topmost level union in the Indian football league structure. In the year 2007-2008, the All India Football Federation (AIFF) started the I-League. The National Football League (NFL) that lasted for around 11 long seasons was replaced by the I-League.
f2History of I-League

The National Football League (NFL) had started in the year 1996. This league was started as an effort to bring more professionalism in to Indian football but this was never achieved. In the 2006-07 NFL season, the AIFF had announced that from 2007-08 season onwards, NFL would be known as I-League.
Format of I-League
f4
In I-League, each team plays an opponent twice- once home and once away. By winning a match, a team gets three points. If the match ends in a draw, both teams share one point each. By the end of the season, the team with most points wins the league.
Clubs Participating in I-League
f5
In the current season (2015-16), the following nine teams will be playing the I-League:
Read more : I-League, Indian Football Tournament

Markhor in India

  The Markhor, scientifically known as Capra falconeri, is a wild goat species recognized for its striking appearance and impressive horns. ...